Thursday, February 25, 2010

Would you like to donate!?


Tonight was the annual K-State telefund, since I am going for Elementary Education, I was calling of the College of Education for K-State.
When I first signed up for this, I didn't quit know what to expect, but I was pretty excited. My brother Blake had done one before, and the way he sounded at first made it sound like it would be tons of fun. Until I actually talked to him and Lacey about it. Well, ha fun was not exactly what they had said. Oh no, that is definitely not their reaction!
The first thing Blake said was, "Oh those can be sooo boring, unless you have a friend!" Lacey, then mentions that ya it wasn't all that fun! Especially Thursdays because everyone has been called. Guess what night I was calling on! Yep, thats right Thursday!
I had my typical Thursday, not too crazy, but Thursday nights I enjoy because I don't have night class, I call them my "Me nights." This telefund went from 5:30 until 9, now I'm too happy, I have homework to do, I just want to have my "Me night!" Well going into it I definitely wasn't too excited, especially since I only knew one girl going to be there!
Well, this thought changed right away, when I walk in and smell oh so delicious pizza!! Ya they feed you, lots and lots of food! It was GREAT! Free food, plus drinks, and snacks, yes, my mood attitude was changing about this telefund!
However, half through, I seriously got no pledges, and only one person had answered, and it was a friend I called at the very beginning, as my practice call, and I even forgot to ask for a donation! Which I called back later, and of course he didn't answer!! LAME I know! Well, after calling several people I decide to call my parents, they would donate right? Nope not this time, my mom even said, "Man you are so pushy, no wonder you don't have any pledges!" Thanks mom for the confident booster!
Well after calling, I don't even know how many people! I finally got my first pledge, 20 dollars!! I was sooo excited! I even told the lady that she made my night because she was my first pledge. I was running out of people to call, when I called my parents back, not thinking they would donate. But daddy surprised me and donated 20 dollars as well! I was now up to 40 dollars. This night wasn't looking too bad after all!
Well even though I only raised 40 dollars, I walked out of there with a free box of frosted flakes, a free t-shirt and a few free coupons to restaurants! I will say that it was a successful night, and yes I would have to say that I did have fun! I will probably do it again!
So, if you get a call asking for money for the College of Education for K-State, don't be surprised if it isn't me!!! Hope everyone is having a great week! Tomorrow is Friday~Girls night!!!!!
Oh by the way, just as an update! I am now up to 311 friends on fb, which mean I am only 98 away from catching up to my friend!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment