Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Facebook war!


Facebook is a college student's best friend! If you are bored in class, or trying to procrastinate on homework, it is a really good time waster. I have spent (and I am not admitting this with lots of pride), but I have spent hours upon hours on facebook. Wether it be chatting with friends or playing games, several hours can be wasted on facebook, which could be either a good or a negative thing. It all depends on our perspective!

You won't be surprised to find out that for me, facebook is a very positive thing! I honestly don't think I could go a day without checking my facebook, it is probably one of the first thing I do when I turn on my computer first thing in the morning. I check my facebook, and e-mail, but of course facebook comes first! I think that it is an unhealthy addiction. However, the question if I have a serious facebook addiction is not the issue at hand.

On facebook, there are certain games that you can play, some include, bejeweled blitz, tetris, text twist, scrabble, just to name a few, and yes these are the games that I normally play. However, there are more, in which people can send you things about, such as Farmville, Mafia Wars, and I keep getting notifications about these certain games, and requests, and gifts! This is probably one of the things that drive me crazy!!! I don't play these games, and Mafia Wars, I don't even know what that is! But my brother, Blake, he is literally obsessed with both of these games. The other night when I was home, he asked to borrow my computer, and he said I need it ASAP! I thought maybe he forgot to do an assignment, so I give him my computer, he takes this deep sigh and says oh thanks I need to harvest my grapes!!! I was just speechless! He made it sounded like an absolute emergency, but if he didn't harvest those grapes, that was going to be so much FICTIONAL money that he wag going to lose!! Also, one day, he was bragging about how much money he had in Farmville, and how much money he had in Mafia Wars. I don't have the heart to tell him that it is just a game, and that it has no affect on his life, because I'm sure that would just crush him!!!

Another thing about facebook, is the number of friends. This recently came up, when I noticed that a friend of mine (who is only 14), has exactly 100 more friends than I do!!! I am a pretty social person, so I am still completely curious how a 14 year old has way more friends than I do! Then this started becoming an obsession of mine, I have started checking everyone's friends number count. Silly I know, but now I have started to add more people, it really has become an obsession. Although, within the last week I have only gotten like 2 new friends!!!

But this to me means WAR!!! People have made of me for this, but I am bound and determined to get at least caught up to this friend! Although, I don't see this happening, since every time I get one friend he gets 4 to match it! But still, I am going to keep adding people, and making new friends!! One day, I will catch up!

If you don't have a facebook, I encourage you to get one, it really is a great way to keep in contact with old friends, and new friends as well. If you do get a facebook, be sure to add me! I would like to see that number keep going up! I know one day I will look at this and laugh, and say wow I was so weird, but until that time, I am still going to try and obtain as many friends, who will add me :)







No comments:

Post a Comment