Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snowy Sunday!


Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!
Yep, today was a snow afternoon in Kansas, which for me that means a day to just relax with sweats, a big baggy sweatshirt, a big glass of hot coco, and movies all afternoon!!! Which is pretty much what I did, and a great long nap was also included. But before I was able to curl up and watch movies, me my bother and his fiance had to drive 2 hours back from home. No big deal right? Well under normal conditions, it isn't but when you have to drive through snow, sleet and ice, it tends to have some people on edge!

Normally, we wouldn't leave home, until around 1 or 2, but my brother informs me last night, that we are going to leave early this morning, so we can hopefully avoid really bad weather. This would have been possible if "all our ducks would have been in a row." With about an hour delay we were finally able to get on the road around 10.

The roads weren't too bad, until we hit Topeka, which is about an hour from Manhattan, under normal conditions! However, today is was about an 1 and 45 minutes! With passenger and driver on edge, it can make for an interesting car ride. Especially, when on the opposite side of the road you see an ice scrapper truck overturned, and several wrecks and cars in the ditch. I have learned in my 19 yrs of age that when you freak it makes the driver uneasy and it makes for an even longer car ride. So I just chilled out in the back seat, and let Lacey take the reigns and make sure Blake was driving safely! I would have to say that she did a pretty good job, considering that we didn't wreck of even slide. I guess that Blake should get some credit to since he did drive!

Well after about a 3 hour car ride, which normally takes 2 hours, we made it safely back to Manhappy! It was finally time for me to curl up and relax! It was the perfect way to spend my Sunday. A nice relaxing unstressful day, then Ihop with a friend, and a really good movie was a great ending to a snowy Sunday!

Oh however, for those of you who are sick and tired of the snow, like I normally am, Spring Break is only 18 days away!! I am so excited for Spring weather! Oh and California!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment