Monday, February 22, 2010

No use in crying over spilled Margarita!


Alyssa and I have started to drink non-alcohol Margaritas, it is one of our favorite things to do. We normally drink them on Mondays, deeming Mondays as "Margarita Monday," it is really a nice relaxing thing to do, since no one really enjoys Mondays. It makes the day a little more bearable, and gives a chance to relax, after a day at school and work. Especially with the Olympics on, we usually drink Margaritas and watch the Olympics, while talking and doing homework.

Well last night (Sunday), we were just hanging out in my apartment, when she looks over and says I am going to fix me a Margarita. Even though its not Monday, I really want one. I said oh me too! So with our margaritas fixed we sit on the couch watching curling, and relaxing. Well this relaxation time was short lived, when I went to go put my feet up on the coffee table, and it knocks her drink over. We both jump into action! I go to get paper towels to clean it up, and she just says I can't believe you tipped it over. We get it all cleaned up, and she says I' going to fix me another one, since I only got one drink out of that one!

She gets a second margarita fixed, and comes back into the living room, she sets it on the coffee table, and says I am going to put it over here so you and your big feet won't knock it over! Yet again, this relaxing was short lived, when she got up to get something, and as she was getting it up, she knocks her drink over again!

I just laughed!!!! It was hilarious!!! I was laughing so hard I couldn't even breathe! She was not very happy, and she was throwing the biggest temper tantrum/fit that I have ever heard a 20 year old throw! It was seriously one of the funniest things ever! She just kept saying I can't believe this, I blame you for this, she also said we shouldn't have drank them, its not "Margarita Monday!" The drink spilt on the carpet, so she goes to get stuff to clean it up (I couldn't even help her I was laughing so hard!) As she is cleaning it up off of the floor, she looks over at me and says "I hope that you step in this and it isn't dry!" This made me laugh even harder, I thought, wow that is one of the best threats I have ever heard!!
After the mess was cleaned up, and she was not as mad (although there is still some hostility there!), she fixed herself another one, and this time she set it on the floor out of the way, and when she finished it she said, "YES! I was able to get more than 2 sips out of this one before it spilled!"

People say no use in crying over spilled milk, but this time around I think it should be no use in crying over spilled over Margarita! Especially since I was laughing so hard!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think Alcoholics Anonymous meets on Tuesdays. I see you're busy on Mondays but maybe you could try to squeeze this in too?

    ReplyDelete